Moustapha HAMDI MD, FCCP, PhD.
6 years at the Medical School of Damascus, SYRIA (1984-1990)
Medical Doctor (M.D) with high academic honours (30.06.1990)
Equivalence of Free University of Brussels, Belgium.
General Surgery training:
SHO in General Surgery (10-1990 – 07-1991)
Al-Assadi Hospital, Damascus, Syria.
Registrar (10-1991 – 09-1993)
JULES BORDET INSTITUTE, CENTER of TUMOURS
Registrar (10-1993 – 09-1994)
UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL CENTER JOSEPH BRACOPS
Brussels, Belgium. ( Prof. VAN GIJSEL )
Plastic Surgery training:
Registrar (10-1994 – 09-1996)
BRUGMANN UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
REINE FABIOLA UNIVERSITY PEDIATRIC HOSPITAL
Brussels, Belgium.( Prof. DE MEY )
- Fellowship in Microsurgery (10-1996 – 09-1997)
CANNIESBURN HOSPITAL Glasgow, Scotland.
(Mr. WEBSTER, Mr. SOUTAR, Mr. TAGGART, Mr. RATCLIFFE)
Rotation: – Breast, Head & Neck, Burns, Hand Surgery.
- Fellow of Collegium Chirurgicum Plasticum (FCCP) (15.06.1997)
Graduated as Specialist in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (30.09.1997)
FREE UNIVERSITY of BRUSSELS, BELGIUM.
- Fellowship (in Aesthetic and Oculoplastic Surgery) of 3 months duration: EURAPS/AAPS Fellowship 2005: Atlanta – Plastic Surgery and Recovery Center (PACES) – Chairman: Prof. dr. Foad NAHAI
Staffmember and Professor in Plastic Surgery Department (01.11.99 – 31.03.2011)
Gent University Hospital, Belgium.
Head of the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (01.04.2011 – …)
Brussels University Hospital, Belgium
Thesis for PhD degree in Plastic Surgery entitles:
“Pedicled Perforator Flaps in Breast Surgery: a new concept”. July 2007.
* Royal Belgian Society for Plastic Surgery (RBSPS)
* British Association of Plastic Surgeons (BAPS)
* American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS)
* The European Association of Plastic Surgeons (EURAPS)
* World Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery (WSRM)
* The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
* The American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery (ASRM)
* The Pyrenean Lodge of Plastic Surgeons (PLPS)
* Belgian Society for Senology
* A.M.U.B (Association of the M.D of the Free University of Brussels)
Microsurgery – Breast Surgery – Surgical Oncology and Aesthetic Surgery.
– Editorial board of the European Journal of Plastic Surgery since April 2004
– Editorial board of the Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery since November 200
– Editorial board of the Journal of Plastic Reconstructive Surgery
– Reviewer for several Scientific Journals in Plastic and Reconstrcutive Surgery
– Vertical Scar Mammaplasty
Edited by: Hamdi, Hammond and Nahai. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2005, XVI, 146 p.
– Twee Borsten: Reconstructie van een vrouw.
Edited by: Moustapha Hamdi, Anna Luyten and Lieve Blancquaert
Roularta – GLOBE, 2007.
– Partial Breast Reconstruction: Techniques in Oncoplastic Surgery.
Edited by: Albert Losken and Moustapha Hamdi
BOOK CHAPTERS: 30 chapters
PUBLICATIONS: 110 articles
further Information: www.ibreast.be