“The combination of scientific research, clinical practice and educational activities in the domain of lymphology, together with my passion for the topic, create a complete and exciting context to develop my expertise. The unique opportunity of a multidisciplinary approach for (lymph)edema in our European Center is the dream of every physical therapist, specialized in edemas.”
- Physical Therapist, graduated in 2008 at Vrije Universiteit Brussel;
- Doctoral Thesis (PhD) in ‘cancer treatment complications’ and more specifically ‘lymphology’ in 2012 at Vrije Universiteit Brussel;
- Professor in Rehabilitation Sciences and Physical Therapy dd. October 2012 at Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
- July 2008: physical therapist of the Breast Clinic of the Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel, specialized in neuro-musculo-skeletal complications and lymphatic disorders following (breast) cancer treatment;
- January 2012: physical therapist of the multidisciplinary edema team with the Plastic Surgery Department of the Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel;
- December 2013: coordinator of the oncologic rehabilitation program at the Cancer Center Brussels of the Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel.
Scientific activities dd. 2008:
- Giving lectures at and attending (inter)national congresses;
- Publication of scientific manuscripts in (inter)national journals;
- Reviewing manuscripts for (inter)national journals;
- Contributing in scientific commissions and expert groups;
- Promoting master thesis students and doctorandi at Vrije Universiteit Brussel and Universiteit Antwerpen.
Educational activities dd. 2012:
- (inter)university courses for Rehabilitation Sciences and Physical Therapy students, concerning vascular pathology, lymphology and oncology;
- President of a postgraduate and a summerschool in vascular/lymphatic physical therapy and oncology (PGlymfedrainage.be; www.vub.ac.be/werken-studeren/lymfedrainage)