Prof. Dr. A. Zeltzer M.D. PhD, FCC(Plast)
Director of the European Center for Lymphatic Surgery
1996 – 2003 MD degree University of Antwerp, Belgium
2003 – 2011 Specialization Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Doctoral Thesis (PhD)
“Maximizing safety and efficacy in lymphedema surgery: past, present & future perspectives”. Sept 2018 – University of Brussels (VUB)
- 2003-06 – General surgery (cardiovascular, trauma, plastic, abdominal, pediatric). CH Jolimont, Belgium
- 2006-2007 – Fellowship Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – SOS mains Lille – France
- 2007-2011- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University Hospital Ghent, Belgium
2011 – Board certification in Plastic Surgery, Fellow of the Collegium Chirurgicum Plasticum (FCCP).
Since January 2012 Senior Staff member, Dept. of Plastic Surgery, University Hospital Brussels, Belgium
Fellowships in Plastic Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery-Hand Surgery- SOS mains Lille France
- Coupure Center for Plastic Surgery – Gent Belgium
- Plastic and Reconstructive surgery – Gazi University, Ankara Turkey
2011 – Gold Medal Collegium Chirurgicum Plasticum.
2012 – Prize Guido Matton for best publication.
2014 – Prize for best International publication of the American Society of Plastic Surgery.
Membership scientific societies
World Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery (WSRM)
Belgian Society of Lymphology (BeSL) – currently President
Royal Belgian Society Plastic Surgery (RBSPS) – board member (microsurgery)
further information: www.profzeltzer.com